Simple, delicious and packed with flavor, this no-grain cauliflower rice is the perfect complement to any Latin-style dish and is still strong enough to become an entree's focal point.
- 1 head cauliflower, "riced" (see below)
- 1/4 large onion or 1/2 small onion, grated or finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili power
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 1/2 cup salsa (check ingredients or make homemade)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional: chopped black olives, cilantro, organic cheese
- To "rice" the cauliflower: If using a heavy duty blender like a Vita-Mix, chop the cauliflower into florets and put into the canister, add filtered water to cover cauliflower, turn on blender to low-med speed and wet-chop until the consistency of rice. Drain off the water. If you do not have a heavy duty blender, simply use a grater to grate the florets into "rice."
- Heat coconut oil in a non-toxic skillet until melted. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower, cumin, chili powder, salt, chicken stock, and salsa. Simmer until most of the liquid is boiled off and the cauliflower is cooked through. (The finished product will be a little firmer than regular rice).
- Add optional toppings if desired.
Main Dish Idea: Works great when served with chicken breasts topped with salsa (check ingredients). Cook the chicken at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, add organic cheddar cheese and cook for another 15 minutes. It's super easy!