Key Lime Cupcakes
You ready for the most delicious recipe we’ve ever posted? Well here it is. Light, refreshing and a breeze to make, these cupcakes look amazing and taste even better.
- 1-3/4 cups already cooked white beans (Great Northerns)
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of spinach
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 T unsalted organic butter or extra virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cups xylitol plus 1/2 tsp erythritol (or stevia to taste)
- 6 T almond flour
- 1 teaspon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspon teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse beans and shake off excess water.
- Place the beans, three of the eggs, avocado, spinach, vanilla, xylitol and salt into blender. Blend on high until beans are completely liquified. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Mix together almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter with xylitol until light and fluffy. Add zest and juice from lime and the remaining two eggs, beating for one minute after each addition.
- Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix.
- Finally, stir in almond flour mixture and beat the batter on high for one minute or until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 way and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Cupcake is done when the top is rounded and firm to the touch. It may be very brown, but it is not burnt.
- Cool on cooling rack. Let cool until cake reaches room temperature.
- Then, frost and refrigerate the cake.
Delicious Holiday Pumpkin Pie with Almond Crust
- By: Dr. B.J. Hardick co-author of Maximized Living Nutrition Plans
- Created: 10/23/2012 1:05:41 PM
For Those of you that want a healthy and lactose free version of the traditional Pumpkin Pie that tastes delicious this is the recipe for you! The almond pie crust is the perfect substitution for all of your holiday treats.
- 1 15oz Can (preferably organic) pumpkin puree (no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- 3/4 cup “Spoonable” brand Stevia or equivalent OR 2/3 cup xylitol (OR LESS – TASTE IT! Let the spices do the talking!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Pinch Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 4 oz Organic Coconut Cream
- 8 oz Unsweetened Almond Milk, original or vanilla flavor
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 pinch Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/2 pinch Stevia or xylitol
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix pie crust dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. (Almond Flour, Salt, Stevia/Xylitol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes. You do not want the crust to brown.
- Let the Pie Crust Cool
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all the Ingredients (Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg, Coconut Cream, Almond Milk)
- Pour into a cooled almond pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 - 45 minutes.
- Created: 5/14/2013 8:53:11 AM
These grain- and gluten-free chicken tenders have the crispness your kids craze, without the nasty trans fats of fast food tenders.
- 1 lb organic chicken tenders or chicken breasts, pounded thin.
- 1/2 cup cup grapeseed oil Vegenaise. (This brand is readily available and has a purple top. There are other versions that use canola oil, which we do NOT recommend.)
- 1 cup almond flour.
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- eason chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2.Dredge in Vegenaise and then in almond flour.
- 3.Place in a glass baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 – 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.